The League of Women Voters of Thurston County (LWVTC), in collaboration with Thurston Community Media (TCMedia), invites voters to view candidate forums featuring candidates for:
- Port of Olympia Commissioners, Districts 2 and 3
- Olympia City Council, Positions 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- Lacey City Council, Position 7
- Tumwater City Council, Position 6
- Olympia School District Directors, Districts 3 and 5
- North Thurston School District Directors, Districts 2 and 4.
The forums are now available on Comcast Channel 77 and are available via Thurston Community Media’s YouTube page. They can also be accessed through the League’s website at Candidate Forums—League of Women Voters of Thurston County.
These forums reflect the League’s commitment to encouraging informed and active participation in government, increasing understanding of major public policy issues, and influencing public policy through education and advocacy. A non-partisan organization, the League never supports candidates for office or political parties.
Along with the League and TCMedia, forum co-sponsors include the Asian Pacific Islanders Coalition-South Puget Sound and Thurston Climate Action Team.
General Election ballots will be available/mailed October 15, 2021 and the last day to vote is November 2, 2021. For more information: Karen Tvedt, 360-584-4526.