- To post an event, click here
- We can automatically post all events from your organization’s Google calendar: Click here for instructions.
- For Facebook events, be sure to follow the link in the event post to verify details.
Events for October 2020
Events Search and Views Navigation
Calendar of Events
Calendar managed by Citizen LocalMotive: https://localmotive.org/
Organizers, Send us a link to your calendar!
We invite you to establish an ongoing link between your public calendar and ours. Once the link is established, you don’t need to do anything other than maintain your own calendar.
We can import from a variety of calendars. We just need you to send us your calendar’s “ical” link so we can establish the connection. See the instructions for sending us the link to your Google calendar. Your Google calendar can also be imported to Facebook with apps such as Zapier, so your organization would only need to enter the event details once in Google for it to be easily imported to both Facebook and our Community Calendar. We can help get you started. Send us an email.
Background, Tips and How-To’s:
- What does it mean if Blu Letters is “interested” in your Facebook event? We at LocalMotive create a link to your Facebook event by marking that we are “interested” in it or “going” using our Blu Letters Facebook profile. You don’t need to do anything. We follow many organizations and keep track of their happenings. If you see that Blu Letters is GOING to or INTERESTED in your Facebook event, it means your event is on our calendar.
- You can save events from the Community Calendar to your personal calendar. Open the event and click on the “Google Calendar” button or the “+iCAL EXPORT” button at the bottom of the event. If you select iCal Export, you will get the option to open the event to Outlook, Apple or other calendars or save the file. If you email the iCal file to others, when they click to open it, they will have the option to save it to their personal calendar. (For more, see the previous Works in Progress article “Citizen LocalMotive creates a central community calendar.”)
- A tip for Organizers — Cancel, don’t delete: Please remember to cancel, rather than delete Facebook events. This properly notifies your followers of the cancellation. Also, deleting your Facebook event without first canceling it is the one change that the Community Calendar has trouble with. If you delete an event that is on our calendar without cancelling, please contact us so we can remove it from the calendar
- Organizers — Set your Time Zone properly: Please be sure to set your time zone to Pacific Time when you are creating your event in Facebook or on your Google calendar. If the time zone is not set, our calendar will assume it is Greenwich time when it is imported! Thank you!
- Organizers — Titling your event: Please include your organization’s name or other salient details in the title of your event. For example, an event titled “General Meeting” will get lost on a community calendar, while an event titled “Lewis County Democrats, General Meeting” will draw attention to the intended audience.
- For more background, read the article in Works in Progress “Citizen LocalMotive creates a central community calendar.” or visit localmotive.org to listen to the KAOS Community Radio interview of LocalMotive and Oly Embrace on John Ford’s Public Affairs show on June 18, 2018.